Funding Criteria and Guidelines
Please see the “IPAC NS Funding Disbursement Guidelines” for a complete list of criteria.
1. Only members of IPAC NS are eligible to apply.
2. In order to qualify for assistance, applicants must be an active member of IPAC
NS with a minimum membership of 12 months.
3. Educational events or courses applicable for funding must focus on an aspect of
infection prevention and control.
4. Applications for financial assistance must be received 6 weeks prior to the early
bird deadline for registration for national conferences and 4 weeks prior for other
5. Applications must include a list of all approved or pending funding sources.
6. The Finance Committee will determine the amount of funding to be received
considering the budget and the number of applicants.
7. 50% of the costs of the successful initial certification or recertification of the CIC
examination are eligible for funding.
8. Priority for funding will be provided to applicants who:
a. have not received funding in the last 12 month
b. providing a poster or oral presentation
9. Successful applicants must submit itemized receipts to the IPAC NS Treasurer
using the IPAC NS Expense Form.
10. Reimbursements of all approved expenses will be made by cheque.