IPAC Nova Scotia (IPAC NS)
Through exchange of knowledge, experience, and information the organization will contribute to quality health care. It will enhance communication and promote education of professionals interested in infection control.
- Assist members in the development of their infection control programs.
- Facilitate education in the infection control community
- Support and assist members with research activities and publications.
- Identify and promote effective infection control measures and quality standards.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the sources of infection, modes of transmission, and means of control.
- Represent IPAC Nova Scotia on all IPAC Canada standing committees.
Membership is available to all persons interested in fostering the purpose and objectives of the organization. Members are those whose current IPAC Canada and IPAC Nova Scotia membership fee is paid. Memberships are non-transferable and lapses annually.
Only members may vote at IPAC Nova Scotia meetings. To hold office or vote on IPAC Canada issues one must be an active member of IPAC Canada.
Our current membership includes health care professionals from acute care, long term care and the community.